Whipps Cross Hospital Radio plays a wide range of music, from the 40s to classical, country and jazz, to the latest chart records and all genres in between. But most importantly, we always try to play what patients want to hear.
We usually run request shows on most nights of the week and we keep a note of what patients ask for. That raw information is compiled into a monthly leader board which catalogues the month’s most popular records for the patients here in the hospital. At the end of each year we can then work out the most requested tracks of the past 12 months. And then for the past decade!
Some records pop up regularly while others come and go. Frank Sinatra, for instance has been almost a fixed part of our chart since it started 25 years ago.
Getting a request on air is easy – simply email us with the details on our CONTACT/ REQUEST A SONG page above.
Or call 0208 535 6997 from a phone (24hrs) or catch one of our ward visitors.
WXHR Top 20 Requests of the Decade
|1. Frank Sinatra – My Way|
2. Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
3. Bette Midler – The Wind Beneath My Wings
4. Stevie Wonder – I Just Called To Say I Love You
5. Nat King Cole – Unforgettable
6. Celine Dion – My Heart Will Go On
7. Chris De Burgh – Lady In Red
8. Patsy Cline – Crazy
9. Tom Jones – The Green Green Grass Of Home
10. Luciano Pavarotti – Nessun Dorma
11. Release Me – Englebert Humperdinck
12. Matt Monro – Born Free
13. Jennifer Rush – The Power Of Love
14. Daniel O’Donnell – Danny Boy
15. Robbie Williams – Angels
16. Bob Marley & The Wailers – No Woman No Cry
17. Luther Vandross – Dance With My Father
18. Frank Sinatra – New York New York
19. Elaine Paige – Memory
20. Nat King Cole – When I Fall In Love
The Whipps Cross Request Chart is presented by Ian Parker and compiled by Terry Warren.